Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Letter from Ren































Top photo: Ren cutting hard in the Pacific.


Bottom photo: Ren, Angela West and her black and white knucklehead friend at the Noblemen Golf Tournament 2008





February 27, 2009

Dear John, Angela, and Tara,

It is with great joy that I share with you that I have survived my 2008 year with Capernaum. My therapist has told me I have made marked improvement in my recovery of crazy kids!

Finally, with great coaching, I was able to share the moments of truth about your group of knuckleheads and break dancers. Was it the risk taker chick in a wheelchair that shot the Noblemen Golf Tourney Luge? Or was it the group of rag-tagged surfer crazies that insisted on getting out there and riding the big ones, oh yeah, it did not stop them with that trivial fact called NO WAVES!! (Thanks for the swim Angie!).

Or was it when my HOT wheelchair date blew me off when she got hit on by the lead guitar player? No, I think the moment that sent me deep was when at the Summer party where some pony-tailed motorcycle lover was fiddling to get the stereo going and at the moment of electronic connection, 75 knuckleheads busted into SPONTENEOUS break dancing and scared the crap out of passing motorists (Regina tell your Dad to check the plug!). Whew, I am a little better now!

While I cannot make the breakfast as the cost of recovery is not missing a couch moment, I would pass on to those there to give, give generously, give now, and then flee this group of too much fun, chocolate pudding fighters that get into your head and as always, touch your heart. Give now so they don’t track you down and force you to learn dance moves that synchronize with wheelchair spins. Give now before you learn the Angela claw dance! Give!

I simply will prepare for 2009 with my own Butterscotch pudding arsenal, learn 3 cool rock star moves on a guitar, quietly take some break dancing classes, bring a working stereo for the group, and count the blessings I have received by so many Capernaum kids. Maybe this is the year they get me to do the zip line at Goshen.

Enclosed is my contribution for those countless smiles, extraordinary leadership, and that special love that comes from being with God’s blessed candidates and an aging, over the hill, boomerang kind of guy!

Lose my phone number for a month!


Renny

No comments: