Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Pizza Story

by AJ Mitton


Last week, my friend from Younglife Capernaum, Chucky, and I was spending time with each other at his huge, three stories house by the lake on a rainy, pitch black night. I was cooking a pepperoni pizza for our dinner.

When I pulled the pizza out of the oven a few minutes after the timer buzzed, the kitchen was assumed with the stench of rotten eggs, and big cloud of dark black smoke filled the room. When I tested the pizza from the oven before I served it to him, it had black, hard tar on it. It was hard to cut, like cutting a card board with a plastic fork.

When I tried to bite it, it was like biting a chicken bone. When it was going down my throat, it was like a sharp piece of ice going down. But the piece of pizza was not cold like ice, it steamy hot like lava from a volcano. Then, I followed it up with a cup of ice cold water. I felt the ice, cold water cools off my mouth.

I did not want to serve him this nasty pizza. So, I decided to make a quick call to Chucky’s favorite pizza place, Pizza Hut, and told them to deliver it to the back door. I went out in the spacey living room to Chucky and played some video games with him on his Playstation 3 on his huge, sixty inches high definition television with silver thin boarders.

When I heard a soft, three knocks on the back door, I quickly got up and ran to pay the pizza man. When I took the steamy pizza, I put it on the pizza pan that I was using to bake the last pizza and brought it out to him. I gave him a big slice of pizza and a tall cup of Coke with ice.

He loved it and said, “This is the best pizza that I ever had, thank you A.J.!”

I answered, “You are welcome!
__________




AJ Mitton is a Sr. Leader with Capernaum in Virginia Beach, VA. AJ has cerebral palsy and spends a lot of time in a wheelchair, but he does not let that get in the way of living life large. He is attending college at TCC and has a 4.0 average. He is married to Regina Howley. Photos are of AJ and John Koeler and AJ with Regina, his wife. Regina is the one without the beard.

Contact AJ at ylajy3k@hotmail.com

No comments: